In 2015, the Household services sector accounted for 37.2% of employment in Bellingen Shire. The importance of this sector has increased over the last 10 years (36.2% in 2005)
Understanding the economic role of Bellingen Shire provides a framework for understanding what policy responses and investment may be appropriate to support the growth of businesses and maintenance of a vibrant economy in the future.
The charts and table below give a broad overview of the role and function of your economy. It helps answer questions such as:
- How much of the Bellingen Shire's economy is driven by meeting the local population needs?
- What proportion of jobs in the area are in goods production or selling of products?
- In which broad sectors are the key strengths of the local economy?
- What contribution do business services make in your area and is it growing?
- Is there a presence of local, state and federal government workers in in the area?
Once you have developed a broad picture of your economy, you can then drill down further with all the detail here.
Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id the population experts
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||446||11.2||439||11.4||482||13.0||23000||-35.7809|
|Public administration and safety||192||4.8||188||4.9||156||4.2||23500||35.6386|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) (opens a new window) ©2016. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Data is based on 2014-15 constant prices for all years. NIEIR data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and new data releases normally adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.