City of Brimbank
In 2015, the Goods related sector accounted for 58.1% of employment in the City of Brimbank. The importance of this sector has declined over the last 10 years (60.4% in 2005)
Understanding the economic role of the City of Brimbank provides a framework for understanding what policy responses and investment may be appropriate to support the growth of businesses and maintenance of a vibrant economy in the future.
The charts and table below give a broad overview of the role and function of your economy. It helps answer questions such as:
- How much of the the City of Brimbank's economy is driven by meeting the local population needs?
- What proportion of jobs in the area are in goods production or selling of products?
- In which broad sectors are the key strengths of the local economy?
- What contribution do business services make in your area and is it growing?
- Is there a presence of local, state and federal government workers in in the area?
Once you have developed a broad picture of your economy, you can then drill down further with all the detail here.
Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id the population experts
|City of Brimbank||2015||2010||2005|
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||173||0.2||157||0.2||184||0.3||23000||-11.5745|
|Public administration and safety||3,063||4.0||2,539||3.8||2,250||4.0||23500||812.9369|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) (opens a new window) ©2016. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Data is based on 2014-15 constant prices for all years. NIEIR data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and new data releases normally adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.