In 2015, the Goods related sector accounted for 45.7% of employment in Griffith City. The importance of this sector has declined over the last 10 years (48.9% in 2005)
Understanding the economic role of Griffith City provides a framework for understanding what policy responses and investment may be appropriate to support the growth of businesses and maintenance of a vibrant economy in the future.
The charts and table below give a broad overview of the role and function of your economy. It helps answer questions such as:
- How much of the Griffith City's economy is driven by meeting the local population needs?
- What proportion of jobs in the area are in goods production or selling of products?
- In which broad sectors are the key strengths of the local economy?
- What contribution do business services make in your area and is it growing?
- Is there a presence of local, state and federal government workers in in the area?
Once you have developed a broad picture of your economy, you can then drill down further with all the detail here.
Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id the population experts
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||1,590||12.2||1,577||12.6||1,803||15.0||23000||-213.1388|
|Public administration and safety||718||5.5||571||4.6||454||3.8||23500||263.3867|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) (opens a new window) ©2016. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Data is based on 2015-16 constant prices for all years. NIEIR data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and new data releases normally adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.