Adelaide Hills Council
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Adelaide Hills Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||2,507||25.5||25.9||2,138||21.7||22.1||+369|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||1,107||11.3||10.6||1,019||10.3||9.4||+88|
|Certificate I and II Level||142||1.4||1.5||173||1.8||1.6||-31|
|Certificate III & IV Level||2,012||20.5||21.4||1,851||18.8||20.0||+161|
|Certificate Level, nfd||217||2.2||2.2||189||1.9||1.9||+28|
|Inadequately described or not stated||249||2.5||2.7||368||3.7||3.9||-119|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Adelaide Hills Council in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a similar proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a similar proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 60.8% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 36.6% had no qualifications, compared with 61.5% and 35.8% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Adelaide Hills Council and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (20.5% compared to 21.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (36.6% compared to 35.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (11.3% compared to 10.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (25.5% compared to 25.9%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Adelaide Hills Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-518 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+369 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+161 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+88 local workers)