City of Albany
Resident workers - Hours worked
38.7% of the resident workers in the City of Albany work 40 or more hours, compared to 58.7% in Manufacturing.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Albany's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Albany depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Albany||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Manufacturing%||Number||%||Manufacturing%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,247||14.1||10.0||1,853||12.3||7.3||+394||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,655||10.4||5.4||1,457||9.7||6.8||+198||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,154||13.5||7.0||1,965||13.1||11.0||+189||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,692||16.8||14.5||2,503||16.6||17.0||+189||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,498||9.4||22.9||1,564||10.4||19.3||-66||22007|
|49 hours or more||2,335||14.6||14.5||2,338||15.6||17.4||-3||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Albany's resident workers in 2016 compared to Manufacturing shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.7% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 55.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 25.8% and 73.1% respectively for Manufacturing.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the City of Albany and Manufacturing were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.5% compared to 7.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (10.4% compared to 5.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.4% compared to 22.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.7% compared to 21.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Albany increased by 327 people (3.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+394 people)
- 40 hours (+207 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+198 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+189 people)