City of Albany
Resident workers - Hours worked
38.7% of the resident workers in the City of Albany work 40 or more hours, compared to 57.5% in Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Albany's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Albany depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Albany||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,247||14.1||2.3||1,853||12.3||1.9||+394||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,655||10.4||7.5||1,457||9.7||2.4||+198||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,154||13.5||5.2||1,965||13.1||3.9||+189||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,692||16.8||23.6||2,503||16.6||27.1||+189||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,498||9.4||25.3||1,564||10.4||25.1||-66||22007|
|49 hours or more||2,335||14.6||12.1||2,338||15.6||11.1||-3||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Albany's resident workers in 2016 compared to Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.7% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 55.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 19.0% and 81.0% respectively for Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the City of Albany and Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.1% compared to 2.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.5% compared to 5.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.4% compared to 25.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (16.8% compared to 23.6%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Albany increased by 327 people (3.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+394 people)
- 40 hours (+207 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+198 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+189 people)