38.7% of the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Albany work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in Public Administration and Safety.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Albany's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Albany depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Albany - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety%||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,247||14.1||6.8||1,853||12.3||3.6||+394|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,655||10.4||6.8||1,457||9.7||7.5||+198|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,154||13.5||9.5||1,965||13.1||8.5||+189|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,692||16.8||24.4||2,503||16.6||27.2||+189|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,498||9.4||10.4||1,564||10.4||10.5||-66|
|49 hours or more||2,335||14.6||10.8||2,338||15.6||10.3||-3|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Albany's resident workers in 2016 compared to Public Administration and Safety shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.7% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 55.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 30.8% and 68.6% respectively for Public Administration and Safety.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Albany and the Public Administration and Safety workforce were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.1% compared to 6.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.5% compared to 9.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (16.8% compared to 24.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.7% compared to 22.9%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Albany increased by 327 people (3.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+394 persons)
- 40 hours (+207 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+198 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+189 persons)