City of Albany
Resident workers - Hours worked
38.7% of the resident workers in the City of Albany work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.0% in Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Albany's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Albany depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Albany||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Australia%||Number||%||Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,247||14.1||11.4||1,853||12.3||10.8||+394||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,655||10.4||10.1||1,457||9.7||9.4||+198||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,154||13.5||11.2||1,965||13.1||10.2||+189||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,692||16.8||19.0||2,503||16.6||18.0||+189||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,498||9.4||9.3||1,564||10.4||10.3||-66||22007|
|49 hours or more||2,335||14.6||15.1||2,338||15.6||16.7||-3||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Albany's resident workers in 2016 compared to Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.7% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 55.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.1% and 62.0% respectively for Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the City of Albany and Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.1% compared to 11.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.5% compared to 11.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.7% compared to 18.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (16.8% compared to 19.0%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Albany increased by 327 people (3.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+394 people)
- 40 hours (+207 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+198 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+189 people)