City of Albany
Resident workers - Hours worked
59.1% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in the City of Albany work 40 or more hours, compared to 56.5% in Western Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Albany's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Albany depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Albany||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||30||8.8||5.9||28||7.0||6.1||+2||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||21||6.1||5.8||19||4.8||6.3||+2||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||22||6.4||7.1||30||7.5||6.9||-8||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||50||14.6||21.4||58||14.6||18.4||-8||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||58||17.0||13.6||63||15.8||14.2||-5||22007|
|49 hours or more||77||22.5||17.8||94||23.6||19.7||-17||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Albany's resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 25.4% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 73.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 21.5% and 77.9% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) of the City of Albany and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) worked 49 hours or more (22.5% compared to 17.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) worked 41 hours - 48 hours (17.0% compared to 13.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) worked 35 hours - 39 hours (14.6% compared to 21.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) worked 40 hours (19.6% compared to 25.0%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Albany decreased by 49 people (16.3%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 40 hours (-19 people)
- 49 hours or more (-17 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (-8 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (-8 people)