26.7% of the resident workers (Retail Trade) in the City of Albany work 40 or more hours, compared to 57.5% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Albany's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Albany depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Albany - Retail Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||409||21.2||2.3||390||19.3||1.9||+19|
|16 hours - 24 hours||242||12.5||7.5||224||11.1||2.4||+18|
|25 hours - 34 hours||295||15.3||5.2||274||13.5||3.9||+21|
|35 hours - 39 hours||382||19.8||23.6||367||18.1||27.1||+15|
|41 hours - 48 hours||153||7.9||25.3||207||10.2||25.1||-54|
|49 hours or more||164||8.5||12.1||219||10.8||11.1||-55|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Albany's resident workers in 2016 compared to Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 52.4% of the resident workers in Retail Trade worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 46.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 19.0% and 81.0% respectively for Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Retail Trade) of the City of Albany and the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (21.2% compared to 2.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (15.3% compared to 5.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (10.3% compared to 20.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (7.9% compared to 25.3%)
The number of the resident workers (Retail Trade) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Albany decreased by 102 people (-10.2%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Retail Trade) in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-55 persons)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-54 persons)
- None (-35 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+21 persons)