35.8% of the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) in the City of Albany work 40 or more hours, compared to 50.6% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Albany's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Albany depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Albany - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||37||14.6||9.8||38||15.8||10.2||-1|
|16 hours - 24 hours||20||7.9||8.0||19||7.9||8.4||+1|
|25 hours - 34 hours||26||10.2||9.2||25||10.4||8.7||+1|
|35 hours - 39 hours||68||26.8||18.9||57||23.7||16.0||+11|
|41 hours - 48 hours||20||7.9||10.1||27||11.2||10.8||-7|
|49 hours or more||34||13.4||19.2||36||14.9||21.9||-2|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Albany's resident workers in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 32.7% of the resident workers in Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 62.6% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 27.0% and 69.5% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) of the City of Albany and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.6% compared to 9.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (26.8% compared to 18.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.6% compared to 21.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (13.4% compared to 19.2%)
The number of the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Albany increased by 8 people (5.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+11 persons)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-7 persons)
- Not stated (+6 persons)
- 40 hours (+6 persons)