City of Albany
Resident workers - Hours worked
54.1% of the male resident workers in the City of Albany work 40 or more hours, compared to 53.9% in Public Administration and Safety.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Albany's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Albany depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Albany - Males||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety%||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||754||9.2||4.9||555||7.1||2.8||+199||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||502||6.1||4.4||419||5.3||2.8||+83||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||683||8.3||7.2||652||8.3||5.4||+31||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,314||16.0||20.8||1,226||15.6||25.5||+88||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,095||13.3||12.4||1,136||14.5||13.5||-41||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,789||21.7||14.3||1,775||22.6||13.3||+14||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Albany's male resident workers in 2016 compared to Public Administration and Safety shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 28.0% of the male resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 70.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 24.3% and 74.8% respectively for Public Administration and Safety.
The major differences between the hours worked by the male resident workers of the City of Albany and Public Administration and Safety were:
- A larger percentage of male resident workers worked 49 hours or more (21.7% compared to 14.3%)
- A larger percentage of male resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (9.2% compared to 4.9%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers worked 40 hours (19.1% compared to 27.3%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (16.0% compared to 20.8%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the male resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Albany increased by 196 people (3.5%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the male resident workers in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+199 males)
- 40 hours (+135 males)
- None (-105 males)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+88 males)