City of Albany
Resident workers - Hours worked
22.3% of the female resident workers in the City of Albany work 40 or more hours, compared to 46.7% in Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Albany's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Albany depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Albany - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,498||19.3||0.0||1,296||18.1||0.0||+202||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,156||14.9||23.3||1,034||14.4||11.1||+122||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,476||19.0||13.3||1,315||18.4||0.0||+161||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,384||17.8||16.7||1,277||17.8||27.8||+107||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||403||5.2||13.3||431||6.0||19.4||-28||22007|
|49 hours or more||543||7.0||23.3||558||7.8||8.3||-15||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Albany's female resident workers in 2016 compared to Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 58.2% of the female resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 40.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.7% and 63.3% respectively for Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the female resident workers of the City of Albany and Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (19.3% compared to 0.0%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 49 hours or more (7.0% compared to 23.3%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (14.9% compared to 23.3%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (5.2% compared to 13.3%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the female resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Albany increased by 140 people (4.7%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the female resident workers in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+202 females)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+161 females)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+122 females)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+107 females)