Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Albany's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Albany depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Albany - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,247||14.1||11.9||1,853||12.3||10.8||+394|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,655||10.4||9.9||1,457||9.7||9.2||+198|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,154||13.5||10.7||1,965||13.1||9.5||+189|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,692||16.8||17.2||2,503||16.6||15.8||+189|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,498||9.4||9.5||1,564||10.4||10.9||-66|
|49 hours or more||2,335||14.6||17.3||2,338||15.6||19.6||-3|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Albany's resident workers in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.7% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 55.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.5% and 61.8% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Albany and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.1% compared to 11.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.5% compared to 10.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.7% compared to 17.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.6% compared to 17.3%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Albany increased by 327 people (3.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+394 persons)
- 40 hours (+207 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+198 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+189 persons)