City of Albany
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers professionals in the City of Albany than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Albany's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Albany||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,552||15.9||35.2||2,422||16.1||35.5||+130||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,101||13.1||--||1,744||11.6||--||+357||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,785||11.2||14.5||1,815||12.1||16.5||-30||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,100||6.9||14.5||1,037||6.9||14.5||+63||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||254||1.6||5.6||189||1.3||--||+65||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in City of Albany in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (2,558 people or 16.0%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (2,552 people or 15.9%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (2,101 people or 13.1%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 7,211 people in total or 45.0% of the resident workers .
In comparison, Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services employed 11.7% in Professionals; 35.2% in Technicians and Trades Workers; and % in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of the City of Albany and Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (13.1% compared to 0.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Sales Workers (10.1% compared to 0.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (15.9% compared to 35.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (6.9% compared to 14.5%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in City of Albany increased by 971 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Albany were for those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+357 people)
- Professionals (+217 people)
- Labourers (+133 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+130 people)