43.5% of All industries local workers in the City of Albany are employed part-time and 54.9% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the City of Albany across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|City of Albany - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,138||14.4||0||1,743||12.7||1.5||+395|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,589||10.7||6.3||1,373||10.0||2.0||+216|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,064||13.9||5.1||1,865||13.5||4.0||+199|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,643||17.8||25.6||2,422||17.6||26.3||+221|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,330||9.0||27.3||1,413||10.3||24.7||-83|
|49 hours or more||1,973||13.3||13.6||1,908||13.9||11.6||+65|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Albany in 2016 compared to the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce within the City of Albany shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 43.5% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 54.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 15.9% and 84.1% respectively for the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce within the City of Albany.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Albany and the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.4% compared to 0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.9% compared to 5.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (17.8% compared to 25.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.0% compared to 27.3%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+395 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+221 local workers)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+216 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+199 local workers)