In the City of Albany, the workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Albany - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||2,843||19.2||12.5||2,302||16.7||10.9||+541|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||1,730||11.7||8.7||1,440||10.5||5.9||+290|
|Certificate I and II Level||321||2.2||2.7||279||2.0||0||+42|
|Certificate III & IV Level||3,762||25.4||47.3||3,131||22.7||39.6||+631|
|Certificate Level, nfd||373||2.5||2.2||327||2.4||4.0||+46|
|Inadequately described or not stated||461||3.1||2.2||579||4.2||3.0||-118|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Albany in 2016 compared to Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 60.9% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 35.9% had no qualifications, compared with 73.4% and 24.5% respectively for Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the City of Albany and Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (25.4% compared to 47.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (35.9% compared to 24.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (19.2% compared to 12.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (11.7% compared to 8.7%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Certificate III & IV Level (+631 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+541 local workers)
- No qualification (-385 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+290 local workers)