In the City of Albany (Wholesale Trade), 22.9% of workers were Sales Workers, compared to 35.1% in Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Albany will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Albany;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Albany - Wholesale Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||48||14.6||35.1||35||8.9||37.7||+13|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||4||1.2||0||4||1.0||0||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||46||14.0||12.2||57||14.5||18.3||-11|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||55||16.8||16.0||51||13.0||13.6||+4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||0||4.8||--||0||0||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Albany in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (75 local workers or 22.9%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (55 local workers or 16.8%)
- Managers (52 local workers or 15.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 182 people in total or 55.5% of the Wholesale Trade local workers.
In comparison, the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce in the City of Albany employed 1.6% as Sales Workers; 16.0% as Machinery Operators And Drivers and 8.5% as Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Albany and Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (22.9% compared to 1.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (14.6% compared to 35.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Managers (15.9% compared to 8.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Professionals (8.2% compared to 12.2%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Albany between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Managers (-27 local workers)
- Sales Workers (-21 local workers)
- Labourers (-20 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+13 local workers)