There are more resident workers (All industries) Professionals in the City of Banyule than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the City of Banyule's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Banyule||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||7,163||12.2||13.1||7,578||12.9||13.9||-415|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||5,934||10.1||10.6||5,551||9.5||9.3||+383|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||8,738||14.8||13.3||9,344||15.9||14.4||-606|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,840||3.1||5.8||2,089||3.6||6.1||-249|
|Inadequately described or not stated||889||1.5||1.7||1,230||2.1||2.2||-341|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the City of Banyule in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (17,777 people or 30.2%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (8,738 people or 14.8%)
- Managers (8,013 people or 13.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 34,528 people in total or 58.6% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Victoria employed 23.3% in Professionals; 13.3% in Clerical and Administrative Workers and 13.5% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Banyule and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (30.2% compared to 23.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (5.8% compared to 9.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (3.1% compared to 5.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (14.8% compared to 13.3%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the City of Banyule increased by 248 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Banyule were those employed as:
- Professionals (+1,029 persons)
- Managers (+748 persons)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-606 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-415 persons)