Bathurst Regional Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 & 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Bathurst Regional Council area - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2016 - 2021|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||5,031||25.7||38.4||4,001||22.9||32.6||+1,030|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||1,957||10.0||11.0||1,776||10.2||11.1||+181|
|Certificate I and II Level||351||1.8||1.2||341||2.0||1.2||+10|
|Certificate III & IV Level||5,023||25.7||18.1||4,452||25.5||18.7||+571|
|Certificate Level, nfd||425||2.2||1.9||478||2.7||2.3||-53|
|Inadequately described or not stated||396||2.0||2.3||521||3.0||2.9||-125|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Bathurst Regional Council area in 2021 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 65.4% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 32.6% had no qualifications, compared with 70.7% and 27.0% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Bathurst Regional Council area and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (25.7% compared to 38.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (25.7% compared to 18.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (32.6% compared to 27.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.0% compared to 11.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Bathurst Regional Council area between 2016 and 2021 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+1,030 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+571 local workers)
- No qualification (+487 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+181 local workers)