Bayside Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
32.7% of the female resident workers in the Bayside Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 31.0% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Bayside Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Bayside Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Bayside Council area - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||4,101||11.6||14.6||3,261||11.2||14.8||+840||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||5,311||15.0||14.7||3,873||13.3||14.3||+1,438||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||4,425||12.5||14.6||3,583||12.3||14.0||+842||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||7,961||22.5||19.2||6,580||22.6||18.5||+1,381||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,405||6.8||6.5||2,076||7.1||7.1||+329||22007|
|49 hours or more||2,553||7.2||8.4||2,274||7.8||8.8||+279||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Bayside Council area's female resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.9% of the female resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 55.2% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 48.0% and 50.3% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the female resident workers of the Bayside Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (22.5% compared to 19.2%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 40 hours (18.7% compared to 16.1%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.6% compared to 14.6%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.5% compared to 14.6%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the female resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Bayside Council area increased by 3,129 people (19.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the female resident workers in the Bayside Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+1,438 females)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,381 females)
- 40 hours (+1,140 females)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+842 females)