Bega Valley Shire
Resident workers - Hours worked
77.1% of the resident workers (Mining) in Bega Valley Shire work 40 or more hours, compared to 72.6% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Bega Valley Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Bega Valley Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Bega Valley Shire||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||0||0.0||1.8||0||0.0||1.5||0||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||0||0.0||2.5||0||0.0||2.4||0||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||0||0.0||3.3||0||0.0||2.6||0||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||0||0.0||13.7||0||0.0||10.5||0||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||6||17.1||19.5||0||0.0||21.8||+6||22007|
|49 hours or more||15||42.9||37.1||15||51.7||39.2||0||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Bega Valley Shire's resident workers (Mining) in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 22.9% of the resident workers (Mining) worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 77.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 12.4% and 86.2% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Mining) of Bega Valley Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Mining) worked None (22.9% compared to 4.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Mining) worked 49 hours or more (42.9% compared to 37.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Mining) worked 35 hours - 39 hours (0.0% compared to 13.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Mining) worked 25 hours - 34 hours (0.0% compared to 3.3%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers (Mining) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Bega Valley Shire increased by 7 people (35.0%).
The largest change in hours worked by the resident workers (Mining) in Bega Valley Shire between 2011 and 2016 was:
- 41 hours - 48 hours (+6 people)