Bega Valley Shire
Local workers - Qualifications - Wholesale Trade
In Bega Valley Shire, the Wholesale Trade workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Bega Valley Shire - Wholesale Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||20||9.1||30.8||30||8.8||24.2||-10|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||15||6.8||10.9||17||5.0||10.4||-2|
|Certificate I and II Level||5||2.3||1.3||11||3.2||1.6||-6|
|Certificate III & IV Level||70||32.0||17.0||82||24.0||16.8||-12|
|Certificate Level, nfd||3||1.4||2.5||7||2.1||2.1||-4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||9||4.1||2.5||22||6.5||4.3||-13|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Bega Valley Shire in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 51.6% of the workers (Wholesale Trade) who held educational qualifications, and 44.3% had no qualifications, compared with 62.5% and 35.0% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Wholesale Trade) of Bega Valley Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Wholesale Trade) with Bachelor or Higher degree (9.1% compared to 30.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Wholesale Trade) with Certificate III & IV Level (32.0% compared to 17.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Wholesale Trade) with No qualification (44.3% compared to 35.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Wholesale Trade) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (6.8% compared to 10.9%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in Bega Valley Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-75 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (-12 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (-10 local workers)
- Certificate I and II Level (-6 local workers)