City of Boroondara
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) professionals in the City of Boroondara than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Boroondara's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Boroondara||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||204||8.6||9.5||194||7.7||10.1||+10||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||256||10.8||8.6||237||9.4||8.0||+19||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||408||17.2||15.9||447||17.8||16.9||-39||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||31||1.3||3.6||17||0.7||3.2||+14||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||19||0.8||1.0||49||1.9||1.8||-30||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) in City of Boroondara in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (458 people or 19.3%)
- Labourers (455 people or 19.2%)
- Managers (452 people or 19.1%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,365 people in total or 57.6% of the resident workers (Administrative and Support Services).
In comparison, Victoria employed 12.1% in Professionals; 36.4% in Labourers; and 10.4% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) of the City of Boroondara and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) employed as Managers (19.1% compared to 10.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) employed as Professionals (19.3% compared to 12.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) employed as Labourers (19.2% compared to 36.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (1.3% compared to 3.6%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Administrative and Support Services)] in City of Boroondara decreased by 148 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers (Administrative and Support Services) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Boroondara was for those employed as:
- Professionals (-89 people)