City of Boroondara
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Other Services) technicians and trades workers in the City of Boroondara than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Boroondara's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Boroondara||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||456||22.4||43.8||504||24.8||45.9||-48||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||444||21.8||15.2||393||19.4||12.8||+51||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||258||12.7||10.5||289||14.2||11.6||-31||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||15||0.7||1.6||20||1.0||1.7||-5||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||12||0.6||0.7||21||1.0||1.1||-9||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Other Services) in City of Boroondara in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (456 people or 22.4%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (444 people or 21.8%)
- Professionals (360 people or 17.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,260 people in total or 61.9% of the resident workers (Other Services).
In comparison, Victoria employed 43.8% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 15.2% in Community and Personal Service Workers; and 9.1% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Other Services) of the City of Boroondara and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Professionals (17.7% compared to 9.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Managers (16.7% compared to 8.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (21.8% compared to 15.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (22.4% compared to 43.8%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Other Services)] in City of Boroondara increased by 4 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers (Other Services) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Boroondara was for those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+51 people)