City of Boroondara
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more male resident workers professionals in the City of Boroondara than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Boroondara's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Boroondara - Males||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3,753||8.9||20.9||3,938||9.5||22.0||-185||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,548||6.1||6.0||2,231||5.4||5.2||+317||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||2,973||7.1||6.6||3,180||7.7||6.8||-207||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||878||2.1||9.8||854||2.1||10.1||+24||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||732||1.7||1.9||1,036||2.5||2.5||-304||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the male resident workers in City of Boroondara in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (16,212 people or 38.6%)
- Managers (9,613 people or 22.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (3,753 people or 8.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 29,578 people in total or 70.5% of the male resident workers .
In comparison, Victoria employed 19.9% in Professionals; 16.4% in Managers; and 20.9% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the male resident workers of the City of Boroondara and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of male resident workers employed as Professionals (38.6% compared to 19.9%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (8.9% compared to 20.9%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (2.1% compared to 9.8%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers employed as Labourers (4.4% compared to 11.2%)
The number of people in the male resident workers ] in City of Boroondara increased by 409 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the male resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Boroondara were for those employed as:
- Managers (+367 males)
- Professionals (+319 males)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+317 males)
- Inadequately described or not stated (-304 males)