City of Boroondara
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
40.2% of local workers in the City of Boroondara are employed part-time and 58.1% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in City of Boroondara across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note: Currently only 2016 data are available for work destination. 2011 data are not comparable due to a change in methodology in 2016 which “imputed” a work destination to those workers who didn’t state their work destination. This means comparisons with earlier years should not be made. .id are currently sourcing data collected under the same methodology in 2011 which will be added to this page at a later date. For a detailed case study of this issue please visit our blog post.
|Local workers hours worked|
|City of Boroondara - All industries||2016|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Accommoda-tion and Food Services %|
|1 hour - 15 hours||10,381||14.5||30.9||0||0.0||0.0||+10,381||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||8,417||11.8||18.0||0||0.0||0.0||+8,417||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||7,867||11.0||10.7||0||0.0||0.0||+7,867||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||11,162||15.6||9.6||0||0.0||0.0||+11,162||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||6,304||8.8||6.3||0||0.0||0.0||+6,304||22007|
|49 hours or more||10,229||14.3||10.7||0||0.0||0.0||+10,229||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id, the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Boroondara in 2016 compared to the Accommodation and Food Services workforce within City of Boroondara shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 40.2% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 58.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 61.8% and 37.0% respectively for the Accommodation and Food Services workforce within City of Boroondara.
The major differences between the hours worked by the in the City of Boroondara and the Accommodation and Food Services workforce were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (19.3% compared to 10.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (15.6% compared to 9.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.5% compared to 30.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 16 hours - 24 hours (11.8% compared to 18.0%)