City of Boroondara
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
40.2% of All industries local workers in the City of Boroondara are employed part-time and 58.1% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Monash across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|City of Boroondara - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||10,381||14.5||12.0||9,067||13.5||11.5||+1,314|
|16 hours - 24 hours||8,417||11.8||10.5||7,535||11.2||9.8||+882|
|25 hours - 34 hours||7,867||11.0||11.2||6,937||10.3||10.3||+930|
|35 hours - 39 hours||11,162||15.6||18.7||9,818||14.6||17.8||+1,344|
|41 hours - 48 hours||6,304||8.8||9.2||6,907||10.3||10.4||-603|
|49 hours or more||10,229||14.3||13.6||10,593||15.7||15.3||-364|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Boroondara in 2016 compared to Victoria within the City of Boroondara shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 40.2% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 58.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 37.0% and 61.0% respectively for Victoria within City of Monash.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Boroondara and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.5% compared to 12.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 16 hours - 24 hours (11.8% compared to 10.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (15.6% compared to 18.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (14.3% compared to 13.6%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the City of Boroondara between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,344 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+1,314 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+930 local workers)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+882 local workers)