City of Boroondara
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the City of Boroondara, the workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Boroondara - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||35,158||49.3||33.3||29,561||43.9||28.6||+5,597|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||8,505||11.9||11.5||8,342||12.4||10.4||+163|
|Certificate I and II Level||490||0.7||1.0||539||0.8||1.1||-49|
|Certificate III & IV Level||7,353||10.3||18.1||6,995||10.4||17.9||+358|
|Certificate Level, nfd||1,164||1.6||1.8||1,017||1.5||1.5||+147|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,574||2.2||2.8||2,197||3.3||4.0||-623|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Boroondara in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 73.8% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 24.0% had no qualifications, compared with 65.7% and 31.6% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the City of Boroondara and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (49.3% compared to 33.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (10.3% compared to 18.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualification (24.0% compared to 31.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Inadequately described or not stated (2.2% compared to 2.8%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the City of Boroondara between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+5,597 local workers)
- No qualification (-1,551 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+358 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+163 local workers)