29.7% of the resident workers (Education and Training) in the City of Brimbank work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.0% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Brimbank's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Brimbank depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Brimbank - Education and Training||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||748||15.3||15.1||569||13.9||14.8||+179|
|16 hours - 24 hours||652||13.3||12.9||493||12.1||12.5||+159|
|25 hours - 34 hours||674||13.8||13.0||511||12.5||12.0||+163|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,149||23.5||17.7||944||23.1||16.9||+205|
|41 hours - 48 hours||318||6.5||8.8||316||7.7||10.2||+2|
|49 hours or more||464||9.5||14.0||384||9.4||14.1||+80|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Brimbank's resident workers in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 45.7% of the resident workers in Education and Training worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 53.2% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 44.4% and 54.8% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Education and Training) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.8% compared to 13.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (23.5% compared to 17.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (6.5% compared to 8.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (9.5% compared to 14.0%)
The number of the resident workers (Education and Training) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Brimbank increased by 272 people (11.7%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Education and Training) in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+205 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+179 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+163 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+159 persons)