City of Brimbank
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Construction) technicians and trades workers in the City of Brimbank than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Brimbank's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Brimbank||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3,167||51.3||51.6||3,226||54.4||53.4||-59||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||15||0.2||0.2||18||0.3||0.2||-3||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||451||7.3||8.9||431||7.3||9.4||+20||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||442||7.2||6.2||376||6.3||6.1||+66||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||66||1.1||0.9||84||1.4||1.0||-18||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Construction) in City of Brimbank in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (3,167 people or 51.3%)
- Labourers (1,222 people or 19.8%)
- Managers (551 people or 8.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 4,940 people in total or 79.9% of the resident workers (Construction).
In comparison, Victoria employed 51.6% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 14.6% in Labourers; and 12.3% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Construction) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Construction) employed as Labourers (19.8% compared to 14.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) employed as Managers (8.9% compared to 12.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (7.3% compared to 8.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) employed as Professionals (2.8% compared to 3.8%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Construction)] in City of Brimbank increased by 245 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Construction) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Brimbank were for those employed as:
- Managers (+160 people)
- Labourers (+71 people)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+66 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-59 people)