City of Brimbank
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Wholesale Trade) machinery operators and drivers in the City of Brimbank than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Brimbank's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Brimbank||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||201||7.4||7.2||257||7.4||6.9||-56||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||12||0.4||0.3||8||0.2||0.2||+4||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||492||18.2||17.8||636||18.3||18.5||-144||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||650||24.1||13.2||878||25.2||13.6||-228||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||24||0.9||0.8||66||1.9||1.6||-42||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in City of Brimbank in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (650 people or 24.1%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (492 people or 18.2%)
- Sales Workers (397 people or 14.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,539 people in total or 57.0% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade).
In comparison, Victoria employed 13.2% in Machinery Operators And Drivers; 17.8% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; and 17.3% in Sales Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (24.1% compared to 13.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Labourers (12.0% compared to 5.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Managers (13.8% compared to 22.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Professionals (8.3% compared to 15.3%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Wholesale Trade)] in City of Brimbank decreased by 781 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Brimbank were for those employed as:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-228 people)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-144 people)
- Managers (-97 people)
- Labourers (-87 people)