City of Brimbank
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) community and personal service workers in the City of Brimbank than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Brimbank's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Brimbank||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||89||7.1||8.8||79||6.7||9.6||+10||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||507||40.5||29.4||491||41.9||28.6||+16||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||140||11.2||9.3||121||10.3||10.4||+19||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||15||1.2||0.9||23||2.0||0.8||-8||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||15||1.2||1.3||20||1.7||1.5||-5||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) in City of Brimbank in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (507 people or 40.5%)
- Managers (159 people or 12.7%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (140 people or 11.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 806 people in total or 64.4% of the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services).
In comparison, Victoria employed 29.4% in Community and Personal Service Workers; 16.5% in Managers; and 9.3% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (40.5% compared to 29.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Labourers (9.3% compared to 6.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Professionals (11.0% compared to 22.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Managers (12.7% compared to 16.5%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services)] in City of Brimbank increased by 80 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Brimbank.