City of Brimbank
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more male resident workers technicians and trades workers in the City of Brimbank than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Brimbank's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Brimbank - Males||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Financial and Insurance Services%||Number||%||Financial and Insurance Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||9,336||20.9||1.9||9,685||22.5||3.3||-349||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,609||5.8||1.2||2,157||5.0||0.9||+452||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||3,355||7.5||42.7||3,396||7.9||43.7||-41||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||8,129||18.2||1.4||7,871||18.3||1.9||+258||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,214||2.7||2.2||1,542||3.6||3.6||-328||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the male resident workers in City of Brimbank in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (9,336 people or 20.9%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (8,129 people or 18.2%)
- Labourers (7,651 people or 17.1%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 25,116 people in total or 56.1% of the male resident workers .
In comparison, Financial and Insurance Services employed 1.9% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 1.4% in Machinery Operators And Drivers; and 0.9% in Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the male resident workers of the City of Brimbank and Financial and Insurance Services were:
- A larger percentage of male resident workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (20.9% compared to 1.9%)
- A larger percentage of male resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (18.2% compared to 1.4%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (7.5% compared to 42.7%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers employed as Professionals (11.5% compared to 33.1%)
The number of people in the male resident workers ] in City of Brimbank increased by 1,678 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the male resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Brimbank were for those employed as:
- Labourers (+807 males)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+452 males)
- Managers (+434 males)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-349 males)