City of Brimbank
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more female resident workers clerical and administrative workers in the City of Brimbank than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Brimbank's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Brimbank - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,745||4.9||3.5||1,621||4.9||2.8||+124||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||5,865||16.6||0.7||4,970||14.9||0.3||+895||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||7,641||21.6||32.7||8,178||24.5||36.9||-537||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,279||3.6||11.0||1,257||3.8||13.0||+22||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||767||2.2||0.9||953||2.9||1.9||-186||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the female resident workers in City of Brimbank in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (7,641 people or 21.6%)
- Professionals (6,431 people or 18.2%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (5,865 people or 16.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 19,937 people in total or 56.5% of the female resident workers .
In comparison, Wholesale Trade employed 32.7% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; 10.5% in Professionals; and 0.7% in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the female resident workers of the City of Brimbank and Wholesale Trade were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (16.6% compared to 0.7%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers employed as Professionals (18.2% compared to 10.5%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (21.6% compared to 32.7%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (3.6% compared to 11.0%)
The number of people in the female resident workers ] in City of Brimbank increased by 1,971 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the female resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Brimbank were for those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+895 females)
- Professionals (+769 females)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-537 females)
- Labourers (+314 females)