City of Brimbank
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the City of Brimbank, the workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to Manufacturing.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Manufacturing||Number||%||Manufacturing||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||16,735||25.2||18.4||12,045||20.7||13.9||+4,690|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||7,199||10.8||8.9||5,244||9.0||7.4||+1,955|
|Certificate I and II Level||673||1.0||1.0||671||1.2||0.9||+2|
|Certificate III & IV Level||12,915||19.4||24.1||11,008||18.9||24.2||+1,907|
|Certificate Level, nfd||1,253||1.9||1.9||899||1.5||1.1||+354|
|Inadequately described or not stated||2,020||3.0||2.3||2,812||4.8||4.7||-792|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to Manufacturing shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 58.3% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 38.6% had no qualifications, compared with 54.3% and 43.4% respectively for Manufacturing.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the City of Brimbank and Manufacturing were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (25.2% compared to 18.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualification (38.6% compared to 43.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (19.4% compared to 24.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.8% compared to 8.9%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+4,690 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+1,955 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+1,907 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+354 local workers)