City of Brimbank
Local workers - Qualifications - Accommodation and Food Services
In the City of Brimbank, the Accommodation and Food Services workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to Financial and Insurance Services.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - Accommodation and Food Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Financial and Insurance Services||Number||%||Financial and Insurance Services||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||338||9.7||38.0||210||7.5||30.6||+128|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||304||8.7||13.7||198||7.1||10.4||+106|
|Certificate I and II Level||40||1.1||0.5||51||1.8||0.7||-11|
|Certificate III & IV Level||392||11.2||12.3||299||10.7||8.8||+93|
|Certificate Level, nfd||38||1.1||2.3||28||1.0||2.2||+10|
|Inadequately described or not stated||81||2.3||2.8||124||4.4||3.7||-43|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to Financial and Insurance Services shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 31.9% of the workers (Accommodation and Food Services) who held educational qualifications, and 65.8% had no qualifications, compared with 66.8% and 30.4% respectively for Financial and Insurance Services.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Accommodation and Food Services) of the City of Brimbank and Financial and Insurance Services were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with No qualification (65.8% compared to 30.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (9.7% compared to 38.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (8.7% compared to 13.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with Certificate Level, nfd (1.1% compared to 2.3%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Accommodation and Food Services workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (+399 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+128 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+106 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+93 local workers)