City of Brimbank
Local workers - Qualifications - Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
In the City of Brimbank, the Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||49||23.3||12.7||11||9.8||9.8||+38|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||7||3.3||9.7||6||5.4||8.6||+1|
|Certificate I and II Level||3||1.4||1.2||0||0||1.1||+3|
|Certificate III & IV Level||34||16.2||21.4||17||15.2||18.5||+17|
|Certificate Level, nfd||--||0||1.9||0||0||1.4||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||9||4.3||4.1||3||2.7||4.9||+6|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 44.3% of the workers (Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing) who held educational qualifications, and 51.4% had no qualifications, compared with 46.9% and 49.1% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing) with Bachelor or Higher degree (23.3% compared to 12.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (3.3% compared to 9.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing) with Certificate III & IV Level (16.2% compared to 21.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing) with No qualification (51.4% compared to 49.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+38 local workers)
- No qualification (+33 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+17 local workers)
- Certificate I and II Level (+3 local workers)