City of Brimbank
Local workers - Qualifications - Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services
In the City of Brimbank, the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||66||10.3||33.2||214||25.5||28.5||-148|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||64||10.0||10.9||98||11.7||10.4||-34|
|Certificate I and II Level||7||1.1||1.0||9||1.1||1.1||-2|
|Certificate III & IV Level||233||36.3||24.5||196||23.4||24.4||+37|
|Certificate Level, nfd||10||1.6||1.5||15||1.8||1.5||-5|
|Inadequately described or not stated||19||3.0||2.2||20||2.4||3.0||-1|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 59.2% of the workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) who held educational qualifications, and 37.9% had no qualifications, compared with 70.9% and 26.8% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (10.3% compared to 33.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (36.3% compared to 24.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with No qualification (37.9% compared to 26.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.0% compared to 10.9%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (-148 local workers)
- No qualification (-44 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+37 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-34 local workers)