In the City of Brimbank, the Construction workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Public Administration and Safety.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - Construction||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||598||10.3||31.7||326||6.8||25.3||+272|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||474||8.2||17.7||282||5.9||14.4||+192|
|Certificate I and II Level||41||0.7||1.1||38||0.8||1.3||+3|
|Certificate III & IV Level||2,373||40.9||18.1||1,960||40.7||19.1||+413|
|Certificate Level, nfd||80||1.4||2.2||41||0.9||2.9||+39|
|Inadequately described or not stated||173||3.0||2.9||193||4.0||4.0||-20|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to Public Administration and Safety shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 61.4% of the workers (Construction) who held educational qualifications, and 35.6% had no qualifications, compared with 70.8% and 26.2% respectively for Public Administration and Safety.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Construction) of the City of Brimbank and Public Administration and Safety were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Construction) with Certificate III & IV Level (40.9% compared to 18.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Construction) with Bachelor or Higher degree (10.3% compared to 31.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Construction) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (8.2% compared to 17.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Construction) with No qualification (35.6% compared to 26.2%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Construction workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Certificate III & IV Level (+413 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+272 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+192 local workers)
- No qualification (+98 local workers)