City of Brimbank
Local workers - Qualifications - Accommodation and Food Services
In the City of Brimbank, the Accommodation and Food Services workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - Accommodation and Food Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||338||9.7||16.1||210||7.5||12.2||+128|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||304||8.7||10.7||198||7.1||9.9||+106|
|Certificate I and II Level||40||1.1||1.3||51||1.8||1.7||-11|
|Certificate III & IV Level||392||11.2||14.2||299||10.7||14.3||+93|
|Certificate Level, nfd||38||1.1||1.4||28||1.0||1.3||+10|
|Inadequately described or not stated||81||2.3||2.4||124||4.4||4.0||-43|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 31.9% of the workers (Accommodation and Food Services) who held educational qualifications, and 65.8% had no qualifications, compared with 43.7% and 53.9% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Accommodation and Food Services) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with No qualification (65.8% compared to 53.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (9.7% compared to 16.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (11.2% compared to 14.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (8.7% compared to 10.7%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Accommodation and Food Services workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (+399 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+128 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+106 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+93 local workers)