City of Brimbank
Local workers - Qualifications - Information Media and Telecommunications
In the City of Brimbank, the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - Information Media and Telecommunications||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||179||32.3||48.5||112||24.5||40.3||+67|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||64||11.6||12.2||55||12.0||12.2||+9|
|Certificate I and II Level||5||0.9||0.8||6||1.3||1.0||-1|
|Certificate III & IV Level||73||13.2||10.2||53||11.6||11.1||+20|
|Certificate Level, nfd||4||0.7||1.6||3||0.7||1.5||+1|
|Inadequately described or not stated||14||2.5||2.0||15||3.3||3.1||-1|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 58.7% of the workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) who held educational qualifications, and 38.8% had no qualifications, compared with 73.2% and 24.8% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Information Media and Telecommunications) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with Bachelor or Higher degree (32.3% compared to 48.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with No qualification (38.8% compared to 24.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with Certificate III & IV Level (13.2% compared to 10.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with Certificate Level, nfd (0.7% compared to 1.6%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+67 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+20 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+9 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+1 local workers)