City of Brimbank
Local workers - Qualifications - Financial and Insurance Services
In the City of Brimbank, the Financial and Insurance Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - Financial and Insurance Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||216||38.0||51.1||183||30.6||44.7||+33|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||78||13.7||14.1||62||10.4||13.4||+16|
|Certificate I and II Level||3||0.5||0.7||4||0.7||1.0||-1|
|Certificate III & IV Level||70||12.3||6.8||53||8.8||6.6||+17|
|Certificate Level, nfd||13||2.3||1.6||13||2.2||1.7||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||16||2.8||2.1||22||3.7||2.8||-6|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 66.8% of the workers (Financial and Insurance Services) who held educational qualifications, and 30.4% had no qualifications, compared with 74.3% and 23.6% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Financial and Insurance Services) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (38.0% compared to 51.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with No qualification (30.4% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (12.3% compared to 6.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Inadequately described or not stated (2.8% compared to 2.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Financial and Insurance Services workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-89 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+33 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+17 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+16 local workers)