City of Brimbank
Local workers - Qualifications - Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||807||43.1||62.9||552||40.5||58.5||+255|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||288||15.4||11.3||204||15.0||11.8||+84|
|Certificate I and II Level||9||0.5||0.6||11||0.8||0.7||-2|
|Certificate III & IV Level||233||12.5||6.4||143||10.5||6.2||+90|
|Certificate Level, nfd||28||1.5||1.3||32||2.3||1.4||-4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||52||2.8||2.0||40||2.9||2.5||+12|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 73.0% of the workers (Professional, Scientific and Technical Services) who held educational qualifications, and 24.3% had no qualifications, compared with 82.4% and 15.6% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Professional, Scientific and Technical Services) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Professional, Scientific and Technical Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (43.1% compared to 62.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Professional, Scientific and Technical Services) with No qualification (24.3% compared to 15.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Professional, Scientific and Technical Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (12.5% compared to 6.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Professional, Scientific and Technical Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (15.4% compared to 11.3%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+255 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+90 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+84 local workers)
- No qualification (+74 local workers)