City of Brimbank
Local workers - Qualifications - Administrative and Support Services
In the City of Brimbank, the Administrative and Support Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - Administrative and Support Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||329||17.9||24.9||204||13.5||21.5||+125|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||216||11.7||12.4||144||9.5||11.5||+72|
|Certificate I and II Level||28||1.5||1.5||23||1.5||1.5||+5|
|Certificate III & IV Level||315||17.1||16.3||250||16.6||15.2||+65|
|Certificate Level, nfd||40||2.2||2.4||27||1.8||1.9||+13|
|Inadequately described or not stated||56||3.0||3.0||96||6.4||4.4||-40|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 50.4% of the workers (Administrative and Support Services) who held educational qualifications, and 46.6% had no qualifications, compared with 57.4% and 39.6% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Administrative and Support Services) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Administrative and Support Services) with No qualification (46.6% compared to 39.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Administrative and Support Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (17.9% compared to 24.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Administrative and Support Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (17.1% compared to 16.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Administrative and Support Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (11.7% compared to 12.4%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Administrative and Support Services workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+125 local workers)
- No qualification (+93 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+72 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+65 local workers)