City of Brimbank
Local workers - Qualifications - Other Services
In the City of Brimbank, the Other Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - Other Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||246||10.5||17.4||155||8.0||15.0||+91|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||267||11.4||12.6||179||9.3||10.6||+88|
|Certificate I and II Level||12||0.5||0.9||15||0.8||1.0||-3|
|Certificate III & IV Level||1,036||44.1||39.1||815||42.2||39.6||+221|
|Certificate Level, nfd||42||1.8||1.9||40||2.1||1.6||+2|
|Inadequately described or not stated||82||3.5||2.6||105||5.4||3.6||-23|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 68.2% of the workers (Other Services) who held educational qualifications, and 28.3% had no qualifications, compared with 71.9% and 25.5% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Other Services) of the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Other Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (10.5% compared to 17.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Other Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (44.1% compared to 39.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Other Services) with No qualification (28.3% compared to 25.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Other Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (11.4% compared to 12.6%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Other Services workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Certificate III & IV Level (+221 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+91 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+88 local workers)
- No qualification (+40 local workers)