City of Brimbank
Local workers - Qualifications - Accommodation and Food Services
In the City of Brimbank, the Accommodation and Food Services male workforce has a lower proportion with tertiary qualifications compared to the Financial and Insurance Services male workforce.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. To provide this detail, City of Brimbank in 2011 had to be constructed from a best fit of Work Destination Zones (DZNs). While it may not be an exact match to the LGA or region boundary, it is considered close enough to allow some comparison. Users should treat this time series data with caution, however, and not compare directly with 2011 data from any other source.
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Brimbank - Accommodation and Food Services - Males||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Financial and Insurance Services %||Number||%||Financial and Insurance Services %||2011 to 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||188||11.3||45.8||101||7.8||41.7||+87||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||162||9.7||14.9||112||8.7||12.5||+50||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||11||0.7||--||21||1.6||0.0||-10||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||193||11.6||16.5||179||13.9||10.0||+14||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||15||0.9||2.0||7||0.5||2.5||+8||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||29||1.7||3.6||53||4.1||3.8||-24||25009|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the qualifications of the Accommodation and Food Services male in the City of Brimbank in 2016 compared to the Financial and Insurance Services male workforce within City of Brimbank shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 22.6% of the Accommodation and Food Services male held educational qualifications, and 64.1% had no qualifications, compared with 62.7% and 17.3% respectively for the Financial and Insurance Services male workforce within City of Brimbank.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the Accommodation and Food Services male workforce in the City of Brimbank and the Financial and Insurance Services male workforce were:
- A larger percentage of male local workers with No qualifications (64.1% compared to 17.3%)
- A smaller percentage of male local workers with Bachelor or Higher degrees (11.3% compared to 45.8%)
- A smaller percentage of male local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (9.7% compared to 14.9%)
- A smaller percentage of male local workers with Certificate III & IV Levels (11.6% compared to 16.5%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Accommodation and Food Services male workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualifications (+252 male local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degrees (+87 male local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (+50 male local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Levels (+14 male local workers)