In the City of Brimbank (Manufacturing), 21.4% of workers were Technicians and Trades Workers, compared to 22.2% in Victoria.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Brimbank will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Brimbank;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Brimbank - Manufacturing||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,052||21.4||22.2||2,562||22.9||23.6||-510|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||68||0.7||1.0||64||0.6||0.8||+4|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,052||11.0||9.9||1,304||11.6||10.4||-252|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,757||18.3||13.6||2,272||20.3||15.4||-515|
|Inadequately described or not stated||106||1.1||1.0||253||2.3||2.0||-147|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Manufacturing workforce in the City of Brimbank in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (2,052 local workers or 21.4%)
- Labourers (1,798 local workers or 18.8%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (1,757 local workers or 18.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 5,607 people in total or 58.5% of the Manufacturing local workers.
In comparison, Victoria employed 22.2% as Technicians and Trades Workers; 19.0% as Labourers and 13.6% as Machinery Operators And Drivers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Manufacturing workforce in the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Manufacturing) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (18.3% compared to 13.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Manufacturing) employed as Professionals (8.3% compared to 10.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Manufacturing) employed as Sales Workers (4.7% compared to 5.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Manufacturing) employed as Managers (15.7% compared to 16.9%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Manufacturing workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-515 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-510 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-252 local workers)
- Inadequately described or not stated (-147 local workers)