In the City of Brimbank (Wholesale Trade), 21.1% of workers were Managers, compared to 22.3% in Victoria.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Brimbank will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Brimbank;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Brimbank - Wholesale Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||278||7.5||7.2||264||6.1||6.9||+14|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||17||0.5||0.3||3||0.1||0.2||+14|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||706||18.9||17.8||870||20.0||18.4||-164|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||759||20.4||13.2||923||21.2||13.6||-164|
|Inadequately described or not stated||32||0.9||0.8||70||1.6||1.6||-38|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Brimbank in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (788 local workers or 21.1%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (759 local workers or 20.4%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (706 local workers or 18.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,253 people in total or 60.4% of the Wholesale Trade local workers.
In comparison, Victoria employed 22.3% as Managers; 13.2% as Machinery Operators And Drivers and 17.8% as Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (20.4% compared to 13.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Professionals (10.1% compared to 15.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (14.5% compared to 17.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Managers (21.1% compared to 22.3%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-164 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-164 local workers)
- Sales Workers (-131 local workers)
- Labourers (-114 local workers)