City of Brimbank
Local workers - Occupations - Financial and Insurance Services
In the City of Brimbank (Financial and Insurance Services), 58.9% of workers were Clerical and Administrative Workers, compared to 40.6% in Victoria.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Brimbank will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Brimbank;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Brimbank - Financial and Insurance Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||10||1.7||1.1||8||1.3||1.3||+2|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||0||0.5||--||0||0.5||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||337||58.9||40.6||333||56.1||42.0||+4|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||13||2.3||0.3||4||0.7||0.3||+9|
|Inadequately described or not stated||19||3.3||1.6||20||3.4||2.4||-1|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Financial and Insurance Services workforce in the City of Brimbank in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (337 local workers or 58.9%)
- Professionals (114 local workers or 19.9%)
- Managers (52 local workers or 9.1%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 503 people in total or 87.9% of the Financial and Insurance Services local workers.
In comparison, Victoria employed 40.6% as Clerical and Administrative Workers; 35.7% as Professionals and 15.8% as Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Financial and Insurance Services workforce in the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (58.9% compared to 40.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Professionals (19.9% compared to 35.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Managers (9.1% compared to 15.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (2.3% compared to 0.3%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Financial and Insurance Services workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Managers (-38 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+9 local workers)
- Sales Workers (+6 local workers)
- Labourers (-6 local workers)